Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dinner at Mama Kitchen (Puchong) - Famous Claypot Loh She Fun

(Enjoy 10% discount towards the end of this post)

Here I came to review again on the famous Claypot Loh She Fun.瓦煲老鼠粉(click here for my previous review) which originated from Jalan Sultan. But this round, the popular dish has finally arrived at Bandar Puteri, Puchong @Mama Kitchen! I must say out loud to the Puchong residents: "You guys are so lucky coz there are more and more restaurants opening in your area!" ^^

mamaKitchen

Some history to share with you before reviewing all the yummy dishes ^^ As some of you might know that the very first restaurant was established since many years ago - 1983 at Jalan Sultan by the name of Seng Kee. Later on in the past 5-6 years ago, the 2nd branch was opened at Taman Tun Dr Ismail KL and now the latest branch at Puchong!

banner
The signature dish @Mama Kitchen - Claypot Loh She Fun


wallpaper

The eye catchy wallpaper can be seen while entering to the Mama Kitchen - featuring all the famous dishes!

restaurant
Mama Kitchen's interior.....

chilie
Spotted my favorite sambal belacan....yum yum~

cilipadi
Let's do a macro shot on the chilly padi....hehe!

beverage
How about the macro shot on my glass of drink? ^^


lsf

de Dinner began with the famous dish of all - Claypot Loh She Fun.瓦煲老鼠粉 (RM7-RM12-RM15). It's so fragrant...mmmm~ Full of the minced pork and a raw egg on top of the noodles.

lsf2

It tasted exactly the same like the one at Jalan Sultan, very good! No doubt, we finished this pot of noodles swiftly! Yummy-licious!

siewyukmin

Garlic Roasted Pork Wanton Noodle.烧肉面 (RM8-RM12-RM16) - yet another famous dish selling at Mama Kitchen. Besides of the Loh She Fun, I bet this is another MUST-ORDER dish here. Trust me, it's so tasty until we ordered twice on that evening~

sangharmin

Large Fresh Water Prawns Fried Noodles.生虾面 (RM15-RM28-RM38) - big and fresh prawns, and importantly the price for this dish is quite reasonable, can give it a try ya ^^

peppersoup

Peppercorn Pig Stomach Soup.猪肚汤 (RM12-RM18-RM25) - If you following my blog all this while, you should know that I am in love with this soup! *Slurp*

bittergout

Bitter Gourd Tofu Soup.苦瓜汤 (RM6-RM10-RM13) - bitter gourd is good to reduce the body heat, remember to order this soup to cool down your body ^^

Photobucket
Marmaite Chicken.妈密鸡 (RM13-RM20-RM30)


sotong

Creamy Buttered Squid.奶油稣冬 (RM12-RM20-RM30) - Yoh~ This is the one came with creamy butter gravy, really nice and delicious, love it!

pork
Honey Pork Belly.蜜汁花腩 (RM15-RM20-RM30)


asamfish

Assam Fish.亚三金凤鱼 (Seasonal Price) - The assam gravy is superb! The sourness and spiciness of the gravy just up to my level. Trust me! It goes very well with a bowl of white rice ^^

lala
Spicy "Kam Heong" La-La.金香啦啦 (RM10-RM15-RM20)


Photobucket

Well, all of us were so satisfied with the dinner! A picture with the ladies - SloppyChic and Witch before leaving the restaurant ^^

Photobucket

Offer time! SAVE, PRINT and SHOW this voucher @Mama Kitchen (Puchong Branch ONLY) to enjoy the 10% discount on the total bill with minimum spent @RM50 and above (validity period: June 2010 - December 2010).


Mama Kitchen (Puchong)
Address: No. 48, Jalan Puteri 2/4, Bandar Puteri Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor.
Tel/Fax: +603 8063 8030
(Non-Halal)


uLi

34 comments:

smallkucing said...

"Jheng" wor! Got special discount some more. Is this the same one from TDDI?

Had the same LSH at TDDI. For me ok-ok only as i feel in love with the LSH from Yoke Heng Serdang.

I would definitely go for the pork tripe soup...me crazy about this soup too.

Kelvin said...

Wow, this is the 1st time i saw 老鼠粉 in claypot!

uLi.佑莉 said...

smallkucing: Ya, same one but open at 2 different location :) I also tried Yoke Heng one....both also nice actuallY :) If got chance, drop by at Puchong branch to enjoy the discount lor.... :)

wenn said...

wow..all look yummy! must go there when i go kl again..

[SK] said...

huh?? since when they change to such a westernised name?? i thot they are something like "seng kee" in petaling street area??

uLi.佑莉 said...

Kelvin: >.<

wenn: Must try and see :)

SK: lolx...since long time ago lo...the 1st Mama Kitchen was opened at TTDI in 5-6 years back ;)

email2me said...

Wow ..... they even expand their business to Puchong. Always serve a good pot of claypot mouse noodle .... yum yum!

ai wei said...

me love claypot loh shu fun too :)

PeckWm said...

Wow.. so delicious la!!! tak sabar sabar nak pergi makan..haha
looking at your post at this time , make me feel so hungry..LoL

Mei Teng said...

Tasted the loh she fun in the TT branch. The quality has deteriorated somewhat...the last time I visited which was many years ago. I never went back again. Maybe could be different now.

San said...

老鼠粉這個wording很有趣
我以前沒有聽過
不知道好不好吃?

iamthewitch said...

I love claypot LSF! The poster was enough to make me drool! :P Love the picture of us girls!! <3

vialentino said...

the loh shu fun is amazing...taste yummy!

uLi.佑莉 said...

email2me: That's why I said Puchong people "yao how fook" :)

ai wei: Sedap!

PeckWm: Hehe...paiseh!

Mei Teng: Oh is it? Then you should check out this Puchong branch and see :)

San: 因为面条像似老鼠的尾巴嘛。。。嘻嘻!好好吃咯 :)

iamthewitch: Hehehe....lovely!

via: *Slurp*

eiling lim said...

wah who's blue nails are those? You're makintg me crave for food now and it's not good!!!

xin said...

come TTDI find me we go another round!

Big Boys Oven said...

awesome delicous rat tails noodle! nice lar!

Lisa717 said...

wow!!! love your "macro shot" on the cili padi n ur drink so so much!!!! how are you doing?? hope ya stil remember me..kindly visit my blog too if you got the time ya~~~

J2Kfm said...

Very nice shots of the food.
I had a rather pathetic outing at the Jalan Sultan's outlet, hence I can't really comment on this one.

lechua said...

ei for a moment i thought why look so familiar one... it's the same as the TTDI branch.. i always order the lou shu fan and the siu yoke mee....!! the squid looks yummy.. they have the same squid in ttdi too?

Rafael Lam said...

I'm first time to hear this 瓦煲老鼠粉, look very delicious, really want to try them!!

uLi.佑莉 said...

eiling: Not mine....so you guess in between the other 2 ladies lor...hehe!

xin: Wooo~ Set!

BBO: Yeah!!

Lisa: Of course I remember you ^^ Will drop by to visit you ya :)

J2Kfm: Thanks!

lechua: I guess should have also ;)

Rafael: You sound the same like San :) Hehehe...very delicious one lor...trust me!

HenRy LeE ® said...

labuan also got mama's kitchen...
puchong so far lor... wanna go there for food also need to think twice... any place u can recommend in kota damansara or mutiara damansara?

uLi.佑莉 said...

HenRy: It's always your call on where you wanna to go ya :) Labuan? I never been also :P Hehe....wait next time I review at that 2 area, I tell you more ;)

taufulou said...

i want 1 pot of lou si fan please..~!!!

mimid3vils said...

I still remember my 1st & the only tried on siew yok noodle @ Petaling Street, it's so yummy....

uLi.佑莉 said...

taufulou: Go Puchong :P

mimid3vils: Yeah! Yummy-licious :)

BB_hwiyee said...

wao~ yum yum^^

Agnes Sim said...

yoyo..looks yummy!!! Must have try but my bf din eat pork le..:S must find someone go with me. hehe

uLi.佑莉 said...

BB_hwiyee: Yum Yum ^^

Agnes: Find me la :P

Spicy Mother said...

I have eaten claypot rice before but I will love to try this 老鼠粉 too.

Looks very yummy, can imagine the fragance when you open the pot.

uLi.佑莉 said...

Spicy Mother: Nice to meet you here ^^

JoinMe said...

Hi uLi.佑莉,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks.

ROCKFISH NOODLE BAR said...

Hey guys!

Do consider visiting ROCKFISH NOODLE BAR @ IOI Puchong too! We highly recommend the SALTY DUCK EGG SOFT SHELL CRAB CRYSTAL NOODLE!

LIKE our Facebook for more details and sign up for our newsletter for meal discounts at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ROCKFISH-Restaurant-Bar/152770504792731

Cheers!